Some pictures from this year’s MA: DTCE day out in Hebden Bridge, Yorkshire…
The organisers of the “Digitise, Deliver, Discover” event at the University of Manchester on June 6th 2011 have recognised the significance of the MA: DTCE and offered two free places at the conference to students on the course. Dalal Al-Abbasi (Saudi Arabia) and Yi-ching Yeh (Taiwan) applied for and were awarded the chance to attend this event which lies at the cutting-edge of digital thought and practice.
MA: DTCE programme director, Drew Whitworth, is giving a series of lectures and classes in May and June 2011 worldwide, on a range of subjects including information processing, information literacy, informal and community learning through technology, and metadata:
- May 3rd: National Chiayi University, Taiwan
- May 4th: National Taiwan University of Science and Technology [pictured]
- May 16th: Library and Information Studies Alumni event, Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane, Australia
- May 26th: (Keynote speech): Discovery: Building a UK metadata ecology, Wellcome Trust, London
- June 8th: Oxford University