These core course activities are expected to be completed by all students. They are undertaken in particular taught classes by on-campus students, and the weeks involved are noted here, but there is no reason why distance students should have to do them in the same order or times: although do see the list of recommended deadlines on the course timetable. However, it is worth all students having a good read of this page as there is information here on how these activities will come to be incorporated into your final assessment portfolio: and the page concludes with a detailed discussion of this portfolio, how it should be organised, formatted and submitted.
- Researching a topic. Completed by on-campus students in the week 1 class.
- Problem-based learning. Week 2.
- Deansgate library visit. Week 3.
- Watch the “Supersize Me” video. Week 5.
- Critical media analysis. Week 6.
- Presentation. Week 10.
- And read this page for details of how to put together your final portfolio.
Media and Information Literacy by Andrew Whitworth/University of Manchester is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.